was the main mission compound, just north of Canton and will give an idea
of the great size of this complex. At far left can be seen one of the residences,
then the three-storied Po Wai Hospital building (Hospital of Universal
Love), one of the hospital wards, another residence, and at far right,
the Tak Kei Girl's Boarding School. Other residences, the conference centre
and the rear wards of the hospital are not shown.
During 1951, when all Missionaries were required to leave China, the buildings became "Military Hospital No 109". After being much altered, the hospital buildings were finally demolished in 1996. The Tak Kei school building at right, later fitted with a flat roof, may still be extant.
©PCANZ Archives. No Reproduction Without Written Permission
Close This Window to Return To The Main Screen