Hours & Charges
Address & Contact Information :
Archives Research Centre
Telephone : 03 - 473 0776 or 03 - 473 0777
Telephone (International ) : + 64 3 473 0776 or + 64 3 473 0777
Fax : 03 473 8466
Fax (International) : + 64 3 473 8466
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that we do charge research fees as per below. If in doubt please enquire)
Hours : (Kindly email or telephone before visiting) :
Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm (earlier by arrangement)
- Closed Weekends, Public holidays, Christmas Eve (or the last working day before), the period between Christmas & New Year and the week immediately after New Year, the Tuesday after Easter, and Otago Anniversary Day (date can vary but normally the third week in March).
Interactive Map -
drag map around, zoom in and out, map view etc.
View Larger Map
Visiting Us :
We are located in the Hewiston Wing of Knox College in the suburb of Opoho and directly opposite the Dunedin Botanical Gardens in North Dunedin. Cafés, a large supermarket, a bank, and a NZ Post agency are located just down the road.
Walking from Town : Allow about 45 minutes each way. Your walk can be partly made through the Botanical Gardens. Tourist maps may be obtained from the Visitor Information Centre.
Travelling by Bus : Take a Normanby bus (every 15 minutes) from Princes or George Street and alight at the Gardens Shopping Centre on the corner of North Road & Opoho Road. Walk up Opoho Road (about 10 minutes) and into Arden Street. Alternatively take an Opoho bus (every 20-40 minutes) from Princes / George Street and ask to alight at Arden Street. The Hewitson Wing of Knox College is the large three storied brick building built right onto Arden Street. Our entrance is the red door to the left of the main entrance to this wing.
Travelling by Taxi : Ask to be dropped off outside our entrance in the Hewitson Wing forecourt adjoining Arden Street (not the Knox College "Quad").
Travelling by Car : Drive up Opoho Road and turn into Arden Street. Drive straight ahead and down the "dip". Immediately to your right (Sylvan Street) is a public car park. All other parking areas around Knox College are by permit only. Alternatively a disability car park is located directly outside and slightly to the left of our entrance door (as per above) with a second disability park directly opposite. These car parks may only be utilized at other times for quick deliveries. Please note that car parking around Knox College can be problematic at times and you may need to park on Opoho Road (car parking facing up Opoho Road only).
- Director of Archives : Ms Yvonne Wilkie B.Ed., B.A., PG Dip (History)
- Curator of Photographs : Myke Tymons B.Com, Dip. Com.
- Research & Reference Archivist / Librarian : Mrs Jane Bloore B.A., B.D., Dip. Grad., NZLA Cert.
- Archives Assistant (Data Input & Referencing) & Webmaster: Andrew Smith B.A.
- Cataloguing & Referencing Volunteers : Rev Nora Calvert B.A.,B.D.,Th.M.,Dip.Lit.; Susan C. Guthrie
Research Charges : (Current as at 1 Jan 2011)
All values in New Zealand Dollars. Click HERE to convert to foreign currency. This should act as a guide only, final values may differ.
If you are in doubt about our research charges, please ask us, we are happy to clarify these for you. All charges are inclusive of GST (NZ Government Goods & Services Tax) of 15%
Minimum Research Fee : $23.00
A discounted research fee will apply for NZ Students unable to travel to Dunedin and for non-New Zealand students, provided that the Archives receives a copy of the completed thesis or paper. Please enquire for full details.
Please note that payment for written requests is required in advance. We will advise research costs once these have been established. A postage charge will also apply.
Please note that the Archives does not have EFTPOS services on site.
Marriage Certificates & Official Baptismal Transcripts :
- Each Certificate or Transcript : NZ$17.50
Photocopy Charges :
- Normal Charge : NZ .55 cents per A4 page
- Student Charge : NZ .20 cents per page
Scanned Documents :
- Normal Charge : NZ$1.00 per page if sent by email (an additonal fee of $3.00 will be charged for a CD plus actual postage cost if scanned files are to be sent by post). Pages are scanned as a PDF file.
On-Line Banking (NZ Bank Account Holders Only) :
You may credit our bank account with the required amount at no additional charge. Please confirm your payment by email :
- Bank : Bank of New Zealand
- Account Name : Historical Records Committee
- Bank Branch (if required) : University of Otago
- Account No : 02 0929 0123229 00
- Payee Reference : Your initials & surname
We also accept overseas Telegraphic Transfers (please inquire for details) however the most cost - effective method for smaller payments is by credit card.
Credit Card Payments :
We welcome payments by Credit Card. Your credit card details will be fully encrypted during processing by the "PayPal" secure server. At no stage are your credit card details divulged either to ourselves or to any third party. Please note that due to costs incurred in providing this service all payments made via "PayPal" will incur an additional "shipping" fee of between 4% to 6% of the transaction amount. The total amount payable will be quoted prior to "checkout".
Click Here for "Paypal" payment instructions and payment link which will open in a new window.
Photographic & Image Reproduction Fees :
Photographic Reproduction Services :
Images are supplied as Jpeg compressed or Tiff uncompressed files scanned on a professional grade scanner and saved on a CD. This will enable you to print images yourself or have copies
easily printed directly from the CD by any commercial photographic outlet.
- These charges are to act as a guide only - we will confirm all charges prior to any order being placed.
- Due to the format or fragility of the original image, reproductions are at our discretion.
- All charges are inclusive of NZ Government Goods & Services Tax of 15%
Photographic Reproduction Charges (Current as at 1 Jan 2011) :
Standard Scanned Images on CD (Excluding Students) :
- First Image (Includes set-up & CD writing fee) : NZ $23.00 plus CD charge below.
- Each image thereafter : NZ $20.00
Standard Scanned Images on CD (Bona Fide Students Only) :
- First Image : NZ$10.00 plus CD charge below.
- Each image thereafter : NZ$8.00
NB : Student charges are subject to the Archives receiving a copy of the completed work.
Cost of Re-Writable CD (If not supplied to us) :
Postage and Packing :
- Standard charge : NZ$3.00 per CD
- Student charge : NZ$2.00 per CD
- An additional fee for Postage and .25 cents packing will apply on all posted orders. Normal charge within New Zealand is NZ$1.40 or NZ$2.10 for surface postage depending on the size of the envelope, and overseas mail is by quote for Economy (minimum of ten days) or Air Post (six to ten days).
Images to be Reproduced Commercially (eg: Publications, Television, Films, Advertising and other Media) or for Public Display Purposes (eg: Museum exhibitions) :
- NZ$41.00 per image plus a copy of the publication (if applicable) plus payment of our normal reproduction fees
- NZ$105.00 per image plus a copy of the publication (if applicable) plus payment of our normal reproduction fees for any image intended to be used on the cover of a book or publication, or for any form of commercial (for profit) advertising.